We are always excited when families wish to join the Homestay Program! The benefits of being a host family include:
- Learn about other cultures: language, cooking, and traditions
- Make connections to people in other countries
- Have fun teaching English and the Canadian culture
- Nurture in your family the value of hosting: kindness, curiosity and generosity
- Enrich the life of a student from another country
INTERESTED? Here’s how to apply:
- Complete the Expression of Interest form and submit it to SD10
- SD10 will contact the family for an interview
- If agreed upon, complete the Homestay Application form
- Criminal record checks and home inspections follow
Remuneration is provided for each international student you host. The duration can vary from a few months to a school year. Hosts can range from a young family with children to grandparents with a spare room and warm hearts.
BC Homestay Guidelines
Homestay plays a pivotal role in an international student’s experience. BC is committed to high-quality homestay experiences for all international students. The Province, working with public and independent school districts and schools, has developed consistent, province-wide best practice standards for K-12 international student homestays.
BC K-12 International Student Homestay Guidelines, in: